It’s been a long while since I’ve been in the blogging sphere, partially because of all the moving and partially because I haven’t been reading enough between jobs and Etsy to make time for the blog.
But I’m back! With a new schedule and a promise to never abandon you again, hopefully. So here it is:
- Twice a week will be new book related pieces. This includes books I’m excited for, how to get out a pesky reading slumps, bookshelf organizations, the list could go on!
- Once a week will be an adorable book DIY project. These will be either paper projects, knit or crochet. If it is knit or crochet, the finished product will be over on my Etsy shop for purchase for those of us who love looking at crafty things but can’t ever muster up the courage to get into it.
- Last but certainly not least will be book reviews. My goal is to post one of these every two weeks since I work in a bookstore and finding time to read really shouldn’t be as hard as I’m making it.
If you have DIYs that you want to see definitely let me know! Feel free to leave any book recommendations in the comments to! See you guys tomorrow for an awesome bookish post!
IT’S TIME FOR ANOTHER ROUND OF WHAT’S ON MY BOOKSHELF!! *insert cheesy music here*
So far I have only been able to read a couple of my books that were on my May TBR list. I’m quite sure that some of them will carry over into June as TBR books. However for the time being I thought that I would update you on how I was doing with the books I had started reading.
1. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Okay so I’ve decided based on the reviews I’ve received from friends who have read this book that it is either one that you love or you hate. Right now I’m not really liking it so much. I’m about 200 pages in and so far the writing style is cause it to drag a bit. Nothing has really happened that has caught my attention and made me want to find a comfy place and curl up with some tea and this book. Maybe that will change in the last 200 pages though! Who knows?
2. Miss Darcy Falls in Love by Sharon Lathan
I adore this book. It has wit, romance, drama and some historical flare. I will definitely be seeking out more books by this author once I finish this one. Although I did have some issues initially getting started with this book, once I got into the pacing and writing style I couldn’t put it down. I haven’t finished it yet so there’s always a chance that something could go wrong but right now I’m on cloud nine with this book! It’s definitely one that I would recommend to others (who read adult fiction). If you haven’t gotten a chance to check it out follow the link in my What’s on My Bookshelf – May TBR post and check it out!
For now this is all I’ve been able to read what with finals and such but hopefully once that’s over I will have more updates for you guys! Look forward to a post later this week about the Twilight books and watch me rant and rave in a vlog over what I think of those books as singular books and as a series! Check it out! 🙂