Now that we are officially several weeks into school (whether it be college or high school) I think it’s quite appropriate to do this tag!
This tag was created by Athena from Into the Mind of a Reader and I was tagged by Alma from Diary of a Booklover. So let’s do this!
1. You’ve just started back and your workload has already increased. Which short book would you read that wouldn’t take up too much time?
I would probably read my copy of The Complete Collection of Poetry from Edgar Allen Poe. Either that or some Emily Dickinson poetry. Both of these writers/poets are some of my favorites and no matter how many times I read their work it never gets old. If you haven’t picked up anything by either of these two I would highly recommend it!
2. You are in English class and your teacher says you will be spending the lesson reading an assigned book. What book did you have to read for school, but ended up really enjoying?
I honestly didn’t like most of the books I had to read for school. Being forced to read something really turns me off from it and makes me less likely to enjoy the book. However I would have to say that it would be a time between The Importance of Being Earnest and Brave New World (which originally I disliked and now have grown rather fond of).
3. You and your friends have had an argument and you are feeling quite upset. What book never fails to cheer you up?
Anything by Sarah Dessen. Mainly The Truth About Forever or This Lullaby. But honestly Sarah Dessen.
4. You’ve been given detention. What book do you wish you have that could pass the time?
I think I would want either one of the books from the Discovery of Witches trilogy or the second book in the Percy Jackson series because I should really finish that.
5. The bell rings for lunch time! Name a food from a book you would love to try.
Most of the books that I read have normal human food so I’m not sure. Maybe something from Victorian London era? I’m assuming that there might be some different types of food from then that I wouldn’t come across nowadays? I could be totally wrong here.
6. You have a ton of homework to do and one of your assignments is to write a short story. What author’s writing style do you most enjoy reading?
So I’m going to stick with the short story theme here and say Edgar Allen Poe. His short stories are just so darn creepy and awesome! I wish I could pack that much description into one story and have it be that amazing!
7. Uh oh, exam time! The nerves are getting to you. Which book do you read to calm yourself down?
Well honestly I don’t know if I have a book that would calm me down. I tend to only do study books or whatever I’m reading at the time of the exam. So I suppose right now that would be Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas.
8. You did amazingly well on your exams and are given some money as a reward. What book(s) do you rush out to buy?
As You Wish by Cary Elwes is coming out next month. If I did well on my exams that would be the book I grabbed without a doubt. That or possibly Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell because that book was adorable and I loved it! Also, I wouldn’t mind getting money as a reward for doing well on exams!
9. Summer is almost upon us. What book do you read to get you into the mood for the fun and excitement that summer brings?
Once again anything Sarah Dessen! Those books have always been my go to books and will probably continue to be for many years to come.
Well that was my Back to School Book Tag! If you enjoyed this post go ahead and do one of your own!