So I saw this idea on Erin’s blog, Raised Reading and I thought it was an awesome idea! I tweked it a little so that instead of it being my all-time favorite quotes it was my life in quotes. So for this I’m going list the top 10 quotes (in no particular order) that I’ve used to describe my life or I feel fit current or past stages of my life. READY GO!
- “Not all those who wander are lost” ~J.R.R Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
- “The truest tales require time and familiarity to become what they are” ~ Erin Morgenstern, Night Circus
- “If personality is an unbroken series of successful gestures, then there was something gorgeous about him” ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
- “No relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater… The love we have for each other is bigger than these small differences. And that’s the key.” ~ Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby
- “My darling girl when are you going to realize that being normal isn’t necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage.” ~ Alice Hoffman, Practical Magic
- “Do you ever just put your arms out and just spin and spin and spin? Well, that’s what love is like; everything inside you tells you to stop before you fall but for some reason you just keep going” ~ Alice Hoffman, Practical Magic (can we tell what my favorite book is yet? seriously though this book guys!)
- “Sometimes you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that this shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book” ~ John Green, The Fault in Our Stars (how perfectly does this describe this book though?! It was so honest and heart-breaking and fixed parts of you that you didn’t know were broken!)
- “Remember this: Nothing is written in the stars. Not these stars, nor any others. No one controls your destiny” ~ Gregory Maguire
- “It’s just that…I think some things are meant to be broken. Imperfect. Chaotic. It’s the universe’s way of providing contrast, you know? There have to be a few holes in the road. It’s how life is.” ~ Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever
And now for the last quote. This was insanely hard to choose because I wanted it to be one that I feel is the ONE QUOTE that I always come back to. So the final quote is…
“You are young and in love,” said Primus. “Every man in your position is the most miserable young man who ever lived.” ~ Neil Gaiman, Stardust
What are some quotes that you all love and have come to associate with a stage (present or past) in your life? I would love to hear some of your favorites so don’t be afraid to comment them below!